It is our utmost pleasure to introduce to you the Preschool 1 section of our school - TEMPLE.
There are currently two arms of Pre-school 1, with teachers and nannies that have great passion for children.
The children have great fun in exploring three prime learning areas and four specific learning areas, covering a range of experiences.
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development (PSED) : Show and tell of common objects, Introduction to Feelings, Sharing, Taking Turns, Group work, Independent activity
- Physical Development (PD) : Body Movement, Balancing, Simple hygiene, Jumping, Sliding, Bouncing, Running, Hopping,
- Communication and Language (C & L) : Songs and rhymes from memory, Role-Play and dramatization, Picture Reading, Retelling Stories
- Literacy (LT) : Letter sounds, matching letter sound to picture,
- Mathematics (MA): Count numbers, Order numbers, Count objects, Match numbers to objects, Identify numbers, Write numbers, Fit shapes on insets boards/puzzles Identify shapes, Use blocks to create simple structure/ arrangement
- Understanding of the World (UW): Water play, Animals and their sounds, Greetings, Molding, Animals and their babies, My family, My school environment, National Day Celebration, Favourite Book Character
- Expressive Art and Design (EA): Creating sounds (banging, tapping), Free painting, Thread patterns, Music, Stamping, Collage making
Each term, the children have the opportunity to participate in interesting general and class assemblies and are given the opportunity to express themselves, talk about themselves and lots more. It’s usually turns out to be an exciting and wonderful experience for the children.
Parent involvement and support is encouraged as this is really necessary in helping to mold these early but crucial years of the children. Parents are asked to:
- Reading stories to their child often
- Check their assignments always.
- Interact with the class teacher regularly through the Parent/Teacher communication book and one on one discussions, as and when they feel the need to.